Los Angeles Bankruptcy Attorney
Get advice from an experienced bankruptcy attorney who has filed well over 3,000 cases.
EXPERIENCED BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEY
$100 To Start Referring Creditors to Our Law Office
Our law firm, Southern California Law Advocates (SCLA) prides itself on providing a higher quality of service in handling your Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy case. We want you to feel comfortable with the process and understand that we are here to help you complete the process without stress. Our approach is to understand your unique situation and to find a solution that will help you right away. Whether you are experiencing a wage garnishment, possible foreclosure, or harassing creditor calls, we will work with you to resolve the situation and get you debt free. Our approach is to educate you and walk you through the process so that you feel comfortable at every step in your bankruptcy case.
Information on Bankruptcy
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy – is a liquidation bankruptcy case where your non-exempt assets are sold by the trustee to pay off creditors. In the majority of bankruptcy cases all of your assets will be protected, and creditors will receive nothing in the bankruptcy case. The Chapter 7 bankruptcy process lasts approximately 4-5 months from the time of filing. Once your bankruptcy case is filed there is an automatic stay that prevents creditors from continuing lawsuits to collect on the debt, garnishing your wages or contacting you about the debt. During your bankruptcy consultation we will examine your assets and financial situation to ensure that all your assets are protected in the bankruptcy case and that you qualify.
Advantage of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy:
- The short time in which you can obtain a fresh start and be free of all dischargeable debts.
- It will stop any pending lawsuits actions, collection actions, repossession, and creditor calls.
- You will have the ability to start fresh again in rebuilding your financial future.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy– is a repayment plan where you pay a portion or all your debt back to creditors. Your plan can range from 36 to 60 months depending on whether your gross yearly income is over the state’s median income. If you are below the state’s median income for your family size, then your will have a repayment plan for 36 months and if you are above the state’s median income your repayment plan will be for 60 months.
Advantages of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy:
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows you to stop the foreclosure of your home and pay back any arrears on your mortgage that are past due.
- Remove Second Mortgage – You may be able to treat your second mortgage as unsecured debt in Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Allows you to keep assets that may not be protected by your state’s bankruptcy exemptions.
- You are protected from lawsuits, garnishments, and creditor contact while you are in the Chapter 13 bankruptcy plan.
Los Angeles bankruptcy attorney Norma Duenas will make time to sit down with you personally, or talk by phone, if you call and schedule a free and confidential consultation.
SCLA assists clients throughout Los Angeles County in filing their bankruptcy cases. We have experience in helping you eliminate your credit card debt and prevent the foreclosure of your home. Call us now to setup an appointment with our bankruptcy attorney. If traveling to our office is inconvenient, we can have our initial FREE consultation by phone.
Our Nearest Office location to Los Angeles is:
Southern California Law Advocates
2112 E. Fourth St.
Santa Ana, CA 92703